BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Two people are in custody following a brazen armed robbery at the post office on Banyan Trail.
According to Boca Raton Police:
The victim had just left the post office and was opening the passenger door of her car when a male pointed a silver handgun at her and demanded her purse. The victim handed the purse to the robber who then pointed the gun at the victim’s husband, who was the sitting in the driver’s seat. The husband gave the suspect his wallet and the robber ran to an adjacent parking lot. The victim went inside the Post Office to get help and her husband followed the suspect.
The husband saw the suspect get into the passenger side of a small Chevrolet and followed them to Highland Beach. The driver of the Chevrolet, later identified as Annette DiCocco, turned into a neighborhood that had only one point of exit. Boca Raton police officers, with assistance from members of Highland Beach Police, Delray Beach Police and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, were able to contain the suspects in the neighborhood, where they were located by Boca Raton officers hiding in the water under a dock.
The male suspect identified as Brian Reed, had been recently released from prison after serving several years for multiple felonies. Both the victim and her husband identified Reed as the man who robbed them. Boca Raton officers located a silver pellet gun in the bushes near the Chevrolet. Items belonging to the victim and her husband were found in DiCocco’s purse, which she had with her when she was found under the dock.
Boca Raton officers arrested Reed and DiCocco and charged them with armed robbery. Reed was also charged with providing a false name, which he gave to officers when he was placed under arrest.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog