BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what is the reverse of the typical exodus when a hurricane hits, New Yorkers are trying to get to South Florida with little success.
As of mid-day Sunday, just one seat on one flight from any of New York City's three airports — JFK, La Guardia, and Newark — was available. A nearly $500 one-way ticket on an early evening Jet Blue flight from JFK.
Hurricane Sandy is expected to pummel the mid-Atlantic starting later this evening. Mass transit in New York City is being halted and evacuations have been ordered. The storm is threatening 50-million people.
Meantime, in Boca Raton, weather for the next few days is expected to be ideal. Highs in the mid 70s, lows in the upper 50s, and a refreshing breeze.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman