BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what is the reverse of the typical exodus when a hurricane hits, New Yorkers are trying to get to South Florida with little success.
As of mid-day Sunday, just one seat on one flight from any of New York City's three airports — JFK, La Guardia, and Newark — was available. A nearly $500 one-way ticket on an early evening Jet Blue flight from JFK.
Hurricane Sandy is expected to pummel the mid-Atlantic starting later this evening. Mass transit in New York City is being halted and evacuations have been ordered. The storm is threatening 50-million people.
Meantime, in Boca Raton, weather for the next few days is expected to be ideal. Highs in the mid 70s, lows in the upper 50s, and a refreshing breeze.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Claims Ex Is Child Abuser, Posts To Socials, Jailed
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Declares State Of Emergency For Building Collapse
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing