BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what is the reverse of the typical exodus when a hurricane hits, New Yorkers are trying to get to South Florida with little success.
As of mid-day Sunday, just one seat on one flight from any of New York City's three airports — JFK, La Guardia, and Newark — was available. A nearly $500 one-way ticket on an early evening Jet Blue flight from JFK.
Hurricane Sandy is expected to pummel the mid-Atlantic starting later this evening. Mass transit in New York City is being halted and evacuations have been ordered. The storm is threatening 50-million people.
Meantime, in Boca Raton, weather for the next few days is expected to be ideal. Highs in the mid 70s, lows in the upper 50s, and a refreshing breeze.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch