BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what is the reverse of the typical exodus when a hurricane hits, New Yorkers are trying to get to South Florida with little success.
As of mid-day Sunday, just one seat on one flight from any of New York City's three airports — JFK, La Guardia, and Newark — was available. A nearly $500 one-way ticket on an early evening Jet Blue flight from JFK.
Hurricane Sandy is expected to pummel the mid-Atlantic starting later this evening. Mass transit in New York City is being halted and evacuations have been ordered. The storm is threatening 50-million people.
Meantime, in Boca Raton, weather for the next few days is expected to be ideal. Highs in the mid 70s, lows in the upper 50s, and a refreshing breeze.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery