BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Barnes and Noble book stores countywide are helping Palm Beach County schools through a major charitable event that runs through the holiday season. A major kickoff is planned at the Boca Raton store — on Glades Road — on Thursday.
According to the school district:
Barnes & Noble stores across the country invite customers to give the gift of reading to children in need during its annual Holiday Book Drive, taking place from November 1, 2012 to December 24, 2012. The Barnes & Noble Holiday Book Drive provides an opportunity for customers to donate books through local stores for at risk schools in Palm Beach County.
We ask you to join us along with Chairman Barbieri and many other School Board Members and Staff at our Holiday Book Drive Kick Off Event on Thursday, November 8th from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. This event will be held at the Barnes & Noble located at 1400 Glades Road, in the University Commons Shopping Plaza in Boca Raton. A portion of the sales from books donated that day will go towards The Palm Beach County School District- Curriculum Department for Title I Schools.
“The Holiday Book Drive is one of our most popular community partnerships,” says Sarah DiFrancesco, Director of Community Relations for Barnes & Noble. “Our booksellers and customers get to share the pure joy of giving a book to a child in need. And because each Barnes & Noble store chooses its local non-profit beneficiary, the donations are very personal.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison
- Delray Beach Woman, 80, Slams Into Cars, Building, Son Says She Drank
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Expected To Form East Of Florida, Bad Weather Weekend
- Multi-Vehicle Crash At Yamato and Lyons In Boca Raton, Overturned Car
- Boca Raton Trainer Arrested, Charged With DUI After Crash
- Did Boca Raton Woman Really Double Park So She Could Run Into CycleBar?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Watching Developing System East Of Florida, It’s Growing
- Delray Beach Optometrist, Allegedly Driving On BMW Rim, Charged With DUI