BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Barnes and Noble book stores countywide are helping Palm Beach County schools through a major charitable event that runs through the holiday season. A major kickoff is planned at the Boca Raton store — on Glades Road — on Thursday.
According to the school district:
Barnes & Noble stores across the country invite customers to give the gift of reading to children in need during its annual Holiday Book Drive, taking place from November 1, 2012 to December 24, 2012. The Barnes & Noble Holiday Book Drive provides an opportunity for customers to donate books through local stores for at risk schools in Palm Beach County.
We ask you to join us along with Chairman Barbieri and many other School Board Members and Staff at our Holiday Book Drive Kick Off Event on Thursday, November 8th from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. This event will be held at the Barnes & Noble located at 1400 Glades Road, in the University Commons Shopping Plaza in Boca Raton. A portion of the sales from books donated that day will go towards The Palm Beach County School District- Curriculum Department for Title I Schools.
“The Holiday Book Drive is one of our most popular community partnerships,” says Sarah DiFrancesco, Director of Community Relations for Barnes & Noble. “Our booksellers and customers get to share the pure joy of giving a book to a child in need. And because each Barnes & Noble store chooses its local non-profit beneficiary, the donations are very personal.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud