BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman attempting to vote in West Boca Raton this morning was initially prohibited from entering the polling place because she was wearing a t-shirt with the letters MIT.
BocaNewsNow.com has heard from multiple sources that an election supervisor at the polling place ultimately realized that MIT stands for “Massachusetts Institute of Technology” — a school where students tend to know how to spell — and was not a campaign shirt for the Republican candidate, who spells his name MITT.
Campaigning is not permitted within several yards of a polling place.
The woman was ultimately allowed to vote.
Several calls to Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Susan Bucher for confirmation or comment have gone unanswered as of Tuesday afternoon.
Throughout the area, lines are averaging an hour at mid-day in part due to the six page ballot in use in much of unincorporated South Palm Beach County and Boca Raton. Based on observations, it appears that election officials are not making it clear to voters that arrows must be connected on the ballot to constitute a vote, and that there are questions or candidates on each of the six pages. Additionally, there is just one “scantronic” machine in use at most locations, slowing down the process. Each page of the ballot must be fed into the machine.
Problems at your polling place? Email us: news(at)BocaNewsNow.com
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified