In the first, customers are advised of a past due balance. In the second, which arrives just days later, customers are greeted with the headline “NOTICE OF IMPENDING DISCONNECTION OF HOTWIRE SERVICES.”
The letters come as a surprise to many customers who take part in “auto pay” plans, where Hotwire merely charges a credit card each month. Barring a credit card problem, there is no reason that a payment would ever be late.
A Hotwire rep now says the past due letters and the subsequent disconnected letters were sent in error due to a computer problem at Hotwire's suburban Philadelphia headquarters.
Hotwire is the main service provider in several Boca-area communities, including Boca Falls. Despite a shaky rollout, and rare issues such as this, Hotwire has been met with mostly positive results and what many say is a service experience significantly improved from Comcast.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center