BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man is behind bars this Friday after police say he bit off the pinky finger of his brother-in-law.
Jean Gerard Saintilus, 28, allegedly was fighting with his relative when he attacked the man, chomping down on the little right finger and biting it off.
Saintilus — who lives on SW 15th Street — was transported to the Palm Beach County Jail where he remains. He has been charged with aggravated battery and is being held without bond.
In an affidavit of probable cause that could only be written by a police department in Florida, the first officer on the scene writess, ” Upon arrival to the scene, I observed black male Jean Saintilus in the middle of the dead end road holding a coconut up to the sky. Jean then started to chant and then cracked the coconut on the roadway.”
In another key part, the officer wrote: “Jean says his brother-in-law bit him, so he bit him back.”
Then, in a bit of unintended comedy, Boca police gave the victim a “domestic violence” pamphlet, but the victim could not sign for it “due to the injury to his right hand.”
We do not have word on the fate of the finger, nor do we know which doctors at Boca Regional hospital may have had a hand in trying to reattach it to the victim.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car