BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man is behind bars this Friday after police say he bit off the pinky finger of his brother-in-law.
Jean Gerard Saintilus, 28, allegedly was fighting with his relative when he attacked the man, chomping down on the little right finger and biting it off.
Saintilus — who lives on SW 15th Street — was transported to the Palm Beach County Jail where he remains. He has been charged with aggravated battery and is being held without bond.
In an affidavit of probable cause that could only be written by a police department in Florida, the first officer on the scene writess, ” Upon arrival to the scene, I observed black male Jean Saintilus in the middle of the dead end road holding a coconut up to the sky. Jean then started to chant and then cracked the coconut on the roadway.”
In another key part, the officer wrote: “Jean says his brother-in-law bit him, so he bit him back.”
Then, in a bit of unintended comedy, Boca police gave the victim a “domestic violence” pamphlet, but the victim could not sign for it “due to the injury to his right hand.”
We do not have word on the fate of the finger, nor do we know which doctors at Boca Regional hospital may have had a hand in trying to reattach it to the victim.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED