DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We have new details about the body that apparently washed ashore on October 17th in Deerfield Beach.
The man has now been identified as 47-year-old Jay Harper of Southbury, Connecticut. Investigators say Harper went to the beach with a female companion sometime between midnight and 2am on October 17th — just hours before his body was found behind the Embassy Suiutes.
The female companion is not considered to be a suspect.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says a deputy on an ATV found the body around 4:10a — behind the hotel — in the 900 Block of Southeast 21st Avenue.
Harper was in South Florida for a business conference.
His death is being investigated as a possible homicide.
Anyone who recalls seeing the victim or who was near the Embassy Suites the night of October 17 or has any information regarding this case is asked to contact BSO Homicide Detective John Berrena at 954-321-4210. Anonymous tips can be called in to Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or http://www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID HORROR: Another 20,133 Cases Logged Wednesday
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming