BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A mid-afternoon house fire in Boca Raton nearly cost several animals — including tropical fish — their lives, but Boca Raton Firefighters saved them, and managed to contain the blaze to a small area.
According to Boca Raton Fire Rescue:
At approximately 2:55pm Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services Department responded to a report of structure fire at a single family home located at 301 S.W. 3rd Street. Black smoke was seen exiting the home by the first arriving Firefighters. They had to force entry into the house since the occupants were not at home. Firefighters saved a dog, several birds that were in two cages, and even three tropical fish from the one room fire and heavy smoke inside the structure. The fire was immediately extinguished preventing further damage to the home. The aquarium electrical equipment is under investigation as the possible cause of the fire.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?