BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A mid-afternoon house fire in Boca Raton nearly cost several animals — including tropical fish — their lives, but Boca Raton Firefighters saved them, and managed to contain the blaze to a small area.
According to Boca Raton Fire Rescue:
At approximately 2:55pm Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services Department responded to a report of structure fire at a single family home located at 301 S.W. 3rd Street. Black smoke was seen exiting the home by the first arriving Firefighters. They had to force entry into the house since the occupants were not at home. Firefighters saved a dog, several birds that were in two cages, and even three tropical fish from the one room fire and heavy smoke inside the structure. The fire was immediately extinguished preventing further damage to the home. The aquarium electrical equipment is under investigation as the possible cause of the fire.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens