BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Delray Beach woman faces child neglect and drug charges after police say they found marijuana and paraphernalia on a small child.
According to Boca Raton Police, Melody Wright was stopped for a traffic violation in the 8300 block of Congress Avenue. During the stop, police apparently found pot — and related equipment — on a young child.
The child was released to someone related to the Wright. She was charged with child neglect, marijuana possession and possession of drug equipment. She bonded out after being booked into the Palm Beach County Jail.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again