UPDATE: December 5, 2012: We have learned that at the time of his death, area police departments had received information that DaSilva was stealing motorcycles out of Broward County. The investigation continues.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A teenager driving like a maniac on Palmetto Park Road died when he “popped a wheelie” police say and fell from his stolen motorcycle near the intersection of Powerline Road.
Jean DaSliva, 18, was rushed to Delray Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says DaSilva was “traveling at a high rate of speed” when he lifted the front wheel. “When the rider set the front wheel down,” police say, “the motorcycle began to wobble. The rider lost control of the vehicle and it overturned.”
It is unclear how DaSliva came into possession of a motorcycle that police have identified as stolen.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation