UPDATE: December 5, 2012: We have learned that at the time of his death, area police departments had received information that DaSilva was stealing motorcycles out of Broward County. The investigation continues.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A teenager driving like a maniac on Palmetto Park Road died when he “popped a wheelie” police say and fell from his stolen motorcycle near the intersection of Powerline Road.
Jean DaSliva, 18, was rushed to Delray Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says DaSilva was “traveling at a high rate of speed” when he lifted the front wheel. “When the rider set the front wheel down,” police say, “the motorcycle began to wobble. The rider lost control of the vehicle and it overturned.”
It is unclear how DaSliva came into possession of a motorcycle that police have identified as stolen.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA LOGS 51,000 COVID CASES OVER THREE DAYS
- Two Seniors Killed In West Boynton Beach Crash
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks