BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A reminder if you are heading to the mall for holiday shopping. The police are out and about and will ticket you if you are parked illegally. A spot check this morning showed Boca Police Officers writing tickets to motorists who blatantly parked where they are not supposed to, including the driver of the car shown who managed to park between two handicapped spots — even though there is no handicapped tag on the car. They are also confirming that handicap placards are with the right people (in other words: if you're borrowing your cousin's handicapped card, you're going to be cited).
Security and police are also presumably keeping their eyes out for folks who park in the “new or expectant mother” spots without a car seat, baby to push, or noticeable bump.
While a little more difficult to enforce, those spots are reserved for those with babies or expecting. The parking lot at Town Center Mall is private property, which means the mall sets the rules.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation