BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A reminder if you are heading to the mall for holiday shopping. The police are out and about and will ticket you if you are parked illegally. A spot check this morning showed Boca Police Officers writing tickets to motorists who blatantly parked where they are not supposed to, including the driver of the car shown who managed to park between two handicapped spots — even though there is no handicapped tag on the car. They are also confirming that handicap placards are with the right people (in other words: if you're borrowing your cousin's handicapped card, you're going to be cited).
Security and police are also presumably keeping their eyes out for folks who park in the “new or expectant mother” spots without a car seat, baby to push, or noticeable bump.
While a little more difficult to enforce, those spots are reserved for those with babies or expecting. The parking lot at Town Center Mall is private property, which means the mall sets the rules.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K