BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Good news this Saturday involving an area middle school, to at least temporarily distract from the bad school news in CT.
From our friends at the Palm Beach County School District:
Eagles Landing Middle School has become one of a selected number of schools in the country designated as ‘No Place For Hate School’ by the Anti-Defamation League.
During a ceremony at the school on November 16, 2012, a representative from the Anti-Defamation league presented a banner to the school administration to signify this designation.
Schools may be designated as “No Place For Hate” schools if they meet the requirements, such as having all students take the “Resolution of Respect” and having at least 3 anti-bias activities on campus.
“The mission of our club, which consists of approximately 35 students, is to work towards preventing discrimination and prejudice, and promote anti-bullying within our campus. It is a nationally recognized group within the Anti-Defamation League,” said Principal Cindy Chiapetta.
“It is an honor to be recognized and know that our students are doing their part to help promote acceptance for all and celebrate diversity,” said Debbi Gollinger, the ‘No Place For Hate’ club leader and Language Arts teacher at Eagles Landing Middle.
The paramount goal of the School Board is to ensure a safe, secure, civil and respectful learning environment for all students and school employees. The School District prohibits bullying and harassment of any type of students or school and district employees.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent