BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Good news this Saturday involving an area middle school, to at least temporarily distract from the bad school news in CT.
From our friends at the Palm Beach County School District:
Eagles Landing Middle School has become one of a selected number of schools in the country designated as ‘No Place For Hate School’ by the Anti-Defamation League.
During a ceremony at the school on November 16, 2012, a representative from the Anti-Defamation league presented a banner to the school administration to signify this designation.
Schools may be designated as “No Place For Hate” schools if they meet the requirements, such as having all students take the “Resolution of Respect” and having at least 3 anti-bias activities on campus.
“The mission of our club, which consists of approximately 35 students, is to work towards preventing discrimination and prejudice, and promote anti-bullying within our campus. It is a nationally recognized group within the Anti-Defamation League,” said Principal Cindy Chiapetta.
“It is an honor to be recognized and know that our students are doing their part to help promote acceptance for all and celebrate diversity,” said Debbi Gollinger, the ‘No Place For Hate’ club leader and Language Arts teacher at Eagles Landing Middle.
The paramount goal of the School Board is to ensure a safe, secure, civil and respectful learning environment for all students and school employees. The School District prohibits bullying and harassment of any type of students or school and district employees.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Tries To Kill Self On Florida Turnpike, Flips Car, Runs In Front Of Truck
- Major Crash Closes I-595 Access To Fort Lauderdale Airport, Tanker Overturns
- Man Left Gun Unattended That Two Year Old Used To Shoot Self, According To Cops
- PLANE CRASH: Victims Identified In Palm Beach County Crash As Young Woman, Older Man
- Dog In Boca Raton Movie Theater And Publix, Why Is This Allowed?
- Florida Tax Free Holiday Underway For Disaster Goods
- Toddler Shot, Killed In North Broward County
- Boca Raton Resident, Magazine Publisher Charged With Child Solicitation, Molestation
- Forecasters Still Watching System East Of Florida, Development Unlikely