BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Security and police are out in full force at Boca Raton Town Center Mall, and aside from criminals, they're clearly also looking for people doing extraordinarily bizarre and silly things that could put others at harm.
Among them, walking your dog in the mall.
While the ubiquitous sight of people pretending their dogs are babies and pushing them in strollers is bizarrely acceptable in Simon Properties (NYSE:SPG) — like Town Center — walking your dog is not. It is, after all, an indoor mall.
Shortly after a BocaNewsNow.com reader snapped this photo, security swept in and told the man that his dog couldn't be on the ground. After a little pushback, the man complied and carried the dog away.
Police are also enforcing handicapped parking space usage — ensuring that only drivers who are authorized to use handicapped spaces are doing so.
It's not enough to be in a car with a handicapped plate.
Drivers are being ticketed if they use the space without having a person in the vehicle with a registered disability. (In other words, you can't borrow Bubbie's car to get a better parking space).
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON