BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An early morning call-out for Boca Raton Fire Rescue yielded a fire at a Sushi restaurant on North Federal Highway.
According to the fire department:
At approximately 4:37AM a passerby noticed smoke coming from the Yokohama Sushi Restaurant located at 60 North Federal Highway and called 911 to notify Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services Department. Firefighters responded to the restaurant and confirmed that there was a fire inside the building. Firefighters had to force entry to gain access to the restaurant.
The building was full of smoke and flames were noticed coming from the kitchen area. The business was closed and there were no occupants inside the structure at that time. The fire was immediately extinguished and Firefighters worked quickly to prevent further damage from the fire and smoke to the adjacent businesses in the strip shopping center.
It appears the gas stove was the origin of the fire and an estimated $150,000.00 of damage was caused by the fire and smoke. No injuries were reported. The fire is under investigation by Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services Department.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton