BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Florida Atlantic University graduate has been named as the school’s Assistant Vice President for University Relations. In a move that shows not only that you can come home again, but you very well may want to, Landi will be the school’s direct link to government funding.
Florida Atlantic University’s Division of Community Engagement recently named Pamela Landi as its assistant vice president for university relations. Landi, who received a Bachelor of Arts in political science from FAU, will advocate for government funding and policies to advance FAU’s faculty, staff, students and alumni at the local, state and federal level. She also will oversee FAU’s involvement in economic development at all levels.
“This is a wonderful opportunity to return to my alma mater,” said Landi. “I am eager to work with FAU President Mary Jane Saunders and members of the community engagement team to secure the needs of FAU in Tallahassee and Washington, D.C.”
Landi joins FAU with more than 27 years of public service and legislative experience benefiting South Florida. She began her career as an intern for former U.S. Congressman Clay Shaw, which resulted in a permanent position spanning 15 years. Following her tenure with the Shaw, Landi worked for Broward County’s Office of Public and Governmental Relations, where she was appointed director in 2007. She also served as president of the National Association of Intergovernmental Relations Officers.
“Pamela is a welcomed addition to the Community Engagement family,” said Jennifer O’Flannery Anderson, Ph.D., vice president of community engagement and executive director of the FAU Foundation. “Not only is she an alumna of FAU, she also has a great balance of experience, and truly understands the importance of government in relation to higher education.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School