BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton KFC manager was robbed at gunpoint early this morning and police are on the hunt for a suspect. It happened just after 2a at 1601 North Federal Highway.
Direct from police:
The manager told officers he left the business at about 2:00 a.m. and went to his car to put some items in the trunk. The manager went back inside the business, locked up, and returned to his car with the weekend deposits. He placed the deposit bags inside the car, when he was confronted by an unknown male. The suspect pointed a handgun at him and said, “You know what I want.” The victim gave the suspect the deposit bags, who also demanded his car keys and cell phone. The victim handed both to the suspect, who threw them over a nearby wall. The suspect then pulled the victim’s necklace from his neck and fled by jumping over the wall on the west side of the business.
The suspect got away with the victim’s gold necklace and an undetermined amount of cash. The suspect is described as a black male, 40 to 45 years old, 5’7” tall, thin build, wearing a black baseball cap, black jacket, black jeans, and sneakers. The suspect was armed with a large barreled, black handgun.
The victim was not injured. The area was searched and the victim’s keys and cell phone were recovered. If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Ron Mello at (561) 620-6186 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS..
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton