BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton KFC manager was robbed at gunpoint early this morning and police are on the hunt for a suspect. It happened just after 2a at 1601 North Federal Highway.
Direct from police:
The manager told officers he left the business at about 2:00 a.m. and went to his car to put some items in the trunk. The manager went back inside the business, locked up, and returned to his car with the weekend deposits. He placed the deposit bags inside the car, when he was confronted by an unknown male. The suspect pointed a handgun at him and said, “You know what I want.” The victim gave the suspect the deposit bags, who also demanded his car keys and cell phone. The victim handed both to the suspect, who threw them over a nearby wall. The suspect then pulled the victim’s necklace from his neck and fled by jumping over the wall on the west side of the business.
The suspect got away with the victim’s gold necklace and an undetermined amount of cash. The suspect is described as a black male, 40 to 45 years old, 5’7” tall, thin build, wearing a black baseball cap, black jacket, black jeans, and sneakers. The suspect was armed with a large barreled, black handgun.
The victim was not injured. The area was searched and the victim’s keys and cell phone were recovered. If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Ron Mello at (561) 620-6186 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS..
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida