BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It is unclear whether this was an accident or a brilliant shoplifting scam, but Sears at Boca's Town Center Mall had one less Keurig machine to sell on Christmas Eve.
Boca Police tell us that an unknown shopper walked up o the register in the kid's department and requested a $30 price adjustment on a Keurig coffee maker. The shopper had a machine under her arm.
The sales clerk apparently issued the refund and the shopper left with the machine which, as it turns out, had just been picked up from a display.
The shopper departed the store with both the refund and a new machine that was not paid for. Total value: $249.99.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- Weather: Back To The 50’s This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police