BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It is unclear whether this was an accident or a brilliant shoplifting scam, but Sears at Boca's Town Center Mall had one less Keurig machine to sell on Christmas Eve.
Boca Police tell us that an unknown shopper walked up o the register in the kid's department and requested a $30 price adjustment on a Keurig coffee maker. The shopper had a machine under her arm.
The sales clerk apparently issued the refund and the shopper left with the machine which, as it turns out, had just been picked up from a display.
The shopper departed the store with both the refund and a new machine that was not paid for. Total value: $249.99.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation