BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It is unclear whether this was an accident or a brilliant shoplifting scam, but Sears at Boca's Town Center Mall had one less Keurig machine to sell on Christmas Eve.
Boca Police tell us that an unknown shopper walked up o the register in the kid's department and requested a $30 price adjustment on a Keurig coffee maker. The shopper had a machine under her arm.
The sales clerk apparently issued the refund and the shopper left with the machine which, as it turns out, had just been picked up from a display.
The shopper departed the store with both the refund and a new machine that was not paid for. Total value: $249.99.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K