BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Falls, a major upscale community in West Boca, is dropping Defender Security for G4S. Formerly known as Wackenhut, G4S is considered one of the leading, professional and accountable security corporations in the United States and worldwide.
The company's domestic headquarters is based in Palm Beach Gardens.
“Defender” has been the source of many issues for homeowners in Boca Falls, with guards routinely waving through visitors without first gaining permission to do so.
A Boca Falls home was burglarized early in 2012, with thieves making off with a reported hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of possessions.
Defender's president, Dominick Esposito, refused to attend a recent board meeting at Boca Falls to answer questions about the poor performance of his employees.
G4S provides security services for several communities in Boca Raton.
Retained to provide security at the London olympics, the company's UK wing came under fire for poor preparation. The Olympics, however, proved to be free of significant security incidents.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint