BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Falls, a major upscale community in West Boca, is dropping Defender Security for G4S. Formerly known as Wackenhut, G4S is considered one of the leading, professional and accountable security corporations in the United States and worldwide.
The company's domestic headquarters is based in Palm Beach Gardens.
“Defender” has been the source of many issues for homeowners in Boca Falls, with guards routinely waving through visitors without first gaining permission to do so.
A Boca Falls home was burglarized early in 2012, with thieves making off with a reported hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of possessions.
Defender's president, Dominick Esposito, refused to attend a recent board meeting at Boca Falls to answer questions about the poor performance of his employees.
G4S provides security services for several communities in Boca Raton.
Retained to provide security at the London olympics, the company's UK wing came under fire for poor preparation. The Olympics, however, proved to be free of significant security incidents.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road