BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Falls, a major upscale community in West Boca, is dropping Defender Security for G4S. Formerly known as Wackenhut, G4S is considered one of the leading, professional and accountable security corporations in the United States and worldwide.
The company's domestic headquarters is based in Palm Beach Gardens.
“Defender” has been the source of many issues for homeowners in Boca Falls, with guards routinely waving through visitors without first gaining permission to do so.
A Boca Falls home was burglarized early in 2012, with thieves making off with a reported hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of possessions.
Defender's president, Dominick Esposito, refused to attend a recent board meeting at Boca Falls to answer questions about the poor performance of his employees.
G4S provides security services for several communities in Boca Raton.
Retained to provide security at the London olympics, the company's UK wing came under fire for poor preparation. The Olympics, however, proved to be free of significant security incidents.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.