BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you're looking for a little extra holiday cash, a simple call to 911 could yield you $100. All you have to do is report a drunk driver. If the officer makes an arrest, you get the cash.
The program is sponsored by the Palm Beach County Safety Council which tells us there is a $500 lifetime limit when it comes to how much money you can receive. Also, you can't call after a crash — which makes sense since the goal is to get drunk drivers off the road before someone gets hurt.
Police officers, already paid to find drunk drivers, are not eligible.
The program extends throughout Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break