BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A man is on the loose in Boca Raton, preying on drivers and passengers in area parking lots. Boca cops tell us that a white male in his mid to late 30s, 5'7 to 5'9 tall with short, cropped blondish hair is trying to take wallets and purses from cars while people are still inside.
He's driving a newer model silver or gray four door Honda accord.
According to police:
The first robbery occurred in the parking lot of Belzer’s Hardware, 3198 North Federal Highway at about 12:20 p.m. The victim told officers that as he pulled into the parking lot near the front of the business, a newer model, four-door, silver Honda Accord pulled behind his car, striking the rear bumper. The victim and suspect both exited their respective vehicles and when the victim returned to his car to retrieve his personal information, the suspect reached into the victim’s pocket, grabbed his wallet and ran back to his car. Before the suspect could leave, the victim reached inside the suspect’s vehicle and grabbed his wallet, which the suspect had placed on the center console. The suspect left north on Federal Highway.
The second crime occurred at Cinemark Theaters, 3200 Airport Road, at about 12:37 p.m. The victim and her husband were sitting in their parked car having a snack before a movie. The victim’s door was partially open and her purse was on the floor. The suspect opened her door and asked, “What do you got there?” The suspect reached over the victim and grabbed her purse. After a brief struggle, the suspect ran to a grey or silver Honda. The victim was not injured.
The suspect in both crimes is described as a white male, in his mid to late 30’s, 5’7” to 5’9” tall, medium build, short, cropped blondish hair, clean shaven, wearing a white shirt and knee length denim shorts. If anyone has information about either crime, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Stepp at (561) 620-6196 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach