BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Alleged perverted former TV weatherguy Rob Lopicola is just hours away from his six month anniversary in the Palm Beach County Jail. Behind bars since July 9th, Lopicola has been unable to post the $130,000 bond levied following his arrest outside his Wilton Manors apartment.
Lopicola is charged with “lewd or lascivious battery,” “lewd or lascivious conduct,” “computer pornography and child exploitation,” and “unlawful sexual activity with a minor.”
Police allege that he engaged in unlawful sexual contact with minors — at least two young men who were 15 and 17 at the time. It is also alleged that Lopicola, 42, performed oral sex on a 15 year old male in Boca Raton.
You can read the graphic text messages that prosecutors claim he sent, as well as the affidavit of probable cause that led to his arrest. U.S. Marshals were involved with his arrest — the alleged text messages were sent over state lines.
Here’s an excerpt:
01/09/11 at 08:29:02 – I realy like u! we have a big age difference, im a lot older, cud b yor dad. U sure u want an older boyfriend and a bigger muscular guy too?
01/09/11 at 08:31:54 – do u know how old I am?
The former WPTV-TV5 weatherman left the station suddenly in 2006. Police reports suggest that he was under investigation at that time — although the station has not commented on anything regarding Lopicola since his arrest.
Lopicola’s trial was originally scheduled for mid-December, but court records suggest it has been delayed for some time. A status hearing is currently scheduled for next week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing