BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An 89-year-old woman tripped and fell while crossing Glades Road this afternoon, then was struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle whose driver had no idea she was on the ground.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Rosalind Pantell of 3024 Exeter B in Boca was crossing Glades Road northbound along Route 441 when she apparently fell just shy of the northern edge of the cross walk.
A 2000 Honda Odyssey driven by 41-year-old Banki Hossein, also of Boca Raton, entered the intersection slowly — turning north (right) onto 441 from the right travel lane on Glades — when the green arrow indicated it was okay to do so. Hossein, investigators say, felt something was wrong with his vehicle after entering the intersection and immediately stopped, finding Pantell. He had just run over her.
Pantell was rushed to Delray Medical Center where she died from injuries.
No charges have been filed at this point. Initial reports from police indicate this was a horrible accident and that Hossein would have never expected a woman to by lying in the road as he made the turn. The investigation, however, continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge