BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An 89-year-old woman tripped and fell while crossing Glades Road this afternoon, then was struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle whose driver had no idea she was on the ground.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Rosalind Pantell of 3024 Exeter B in Boca was crossing Glades Road northbound along Route 441 when she apparently fell just shy of the northern edge of the cross walk.
A 2000 Honda Odyssey driven by 41-year-old Banki Hossein, also of Boca Raton, entered the intersection slowly — turning north (right) onto 441 from the right travel lane on Glades — when the green arrow indicated it was okay to do so. Hossein, investigators say, felt something was wrong with his vehicle after entering the intersection and immediately stopped, finding Pantell. He had just run over her.
Pantell was rushed to Delray Medical Center where she died from injuries.
No charges have been filed at this point. Initial reports from police indicate this was a horrible accident and that Hossein would have never expected a woman to by lying in the road as he made the turn. The investigation, however, continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales