BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An 89-year-old woman tripped and fell while crossing Glades Road this afternoon, then was struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle whose driver had no idea she was on the ground.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Rosalind Pantell of 3024 Exeter B in Boca was crossing Glades Road northbound along Route 441 when she apparently fell just shy of the northern edge of the cross walk.
A 2000 Honda Odyssey driven by 41-year-old Banki Hossein, also of Boca Raton, entered the intersection slowly — turning north (right) onto 441 from the right travel lane on Glades — when the green arrow indicated it was okay to do so. Hossein, investigators say, felt something was wrong with his vehicle after entering the intersection and immediately stopped, finding Pantell. He had just run over her.
Pantell was rushed to Delray Medical Center where she died from injuries.
No charges have been filed at this point. Initial reports from police indicate this was a horrible accident and that Hossein would have never expected a woman to by lying in the road as he made the turn. The investigation, however, continues.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. | Legal Video Service, Legal Day In The Life Video | Legal Settlement Documentary
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Drug Bust: Cocaine, 25 Pounds of Pot Lands Boca Raton Man In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Disturbance Has 90 Percent Chance Of Becoming Storm
- HALLOWEEN HORROR: Palm Beach Positivity Rate Spikes To 7.3 Percent
- Nearly 300 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Maskless Halloween? Send Us Your Photos Of Adults Behaving Badly
- JAIL: Prostitution Charge For 52 Year Old Boca Raton Woman
- Delray Beach Man Sentenced To 17 Years For Federal Crime
- UNSAFE? Palm Beach Schools Pushing Students To “Photo Day,” But Lifetouch Says Upload Okay
- ALERT: FLORIDA PASSES 800,000 COVID-19 CASES