BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — High school isn’t just for reading and writing — it’s also for saving lives, at least at Boca Raton Community High School.
As we were updated by the Palm Beach County School District.
Beginning Monday January 14, 2013, the Medical Academy students at Boca Raton Raton Community High, who have been trained as “Hands-Only CPR” trainers by Palm Beach State College Paramedic students, will teach their peers this skill in PE classes and clubs.
“The goal of this initiative is to increase the chances of saving lives throughout the community. We hope to teach “Hands-Only CPR” to more than 1,000 students,” said Laura Dundov, the Medical Academy Coordinator at Boca High.
AHA is holding their state wide “Hands-Only CPR” initiative on January 16th from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm on the steps of the capitol to bring awareness of the need for “Hands-Only CPR” to become a requirement for graduation. It only takes thirty minutes to teach and can save countless lives as chest compressions will circulate oxygen and buy time for EMS to arrive and take over.
Schools across the state will also be teaching “Hands-Only CPR” during that time period.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.