BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — High school isn’t just for reading and writing — it’s also for saving lives, at least at Boca Raton Community High School.
As we were updated by the Palm Beach County School District.
Beginning Monday January 14, 2013, the Medical Academy students at Boca Raton Raton Community High, who have been trained as “Hands-Only CPR” trainers by Palm Beach State College Paramedic students, will teach their peers this skill in PE classes and clubs.
“The goal of this initiative is to increase the chances of saving lives throughout the community. We hope to teach “Hands-Only CPR” to more than 1,000 students,” said Laura Dundov, the Medical Academy Coordinator at Boca High.
AHA is holding their state wide “Hands-Only CPR” initiative on January 16th from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm on the steps of the capitol to bring awareness of the need for “Hands-Only CPR” to become a requirement for graduation. It only takes thirty minutes to teach and can save countless lives as chest compressions will circulate oxygen and buy time for EMS to arrive and take over.
Schools across the state will also be teaching “Hands-Only CPR” during that time period.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation