BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District just announced that Police “Aides” will be stationed at all county schools which have more than one entrance. The action comes as a result of the massacre at Sandy Hook.
Here is the official release from the Palm Beach County School District:
Superintendent Wayne Gent has announced that the district will immediately begin placing police aides at schools that do not have a single point of entry as the district continues working to maximize safety at all schools. The police aides will work closely with the principals to further tighten security by patrolling the schools’ front gates and perimeters to ensure only authorized persons are allowed on campuses.
Immediately following the tragic event at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut last month, Superintendent Gent implemented a comprehensive, districtwide safety plan designed to maintain, and where possible, improve the safety and security of all students, staff, parents, volunteers and others on school campuses districtwide. The police aides are a part of that plan.
The security plan includes:
– Communication to all students, parents and employees
– A districtwide security review
– A districtwide facilities review
– Immediate work where needed
– A School Police-led Crisis Plan review, updating and training
– Student and staff counseling
Status of the comprehensive reviews
– Police Aides will be assigned to all schools that do not have a single point of entry
– Review and updating of all School Crisis Plans-ongoing
– Facilities Services staff receiving and responding to requests-ongoing
– Facilities Services has completed a number of security-related work orders
– Repairs include repairing and securing fences, gates, locks, windows and lights
– Priority continues to be given to security-related work orders
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent