BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Students at Eagles Landing Middle School are getting ready for a fun family night of reading and getting ready for the FCATs.
From our friends at the Palm Beach County School District:
Eagles Landing Middle students and their families will participate at the Annual Family Reading/Literacy Night on January 24, 2013 from 6:00-7:30 P.M. As in previous years, many exciting activities are planned to appeal to all age groups. A few highlights include theme rooms (such as Hunger Games, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Mike Lupica sports room…etc.), a literacy themed scavenger hunt, bookmark making, performances by the school Jazz Band, chorus, Glee club, step club and many other activities.
“We are extremely proud to feature this year a Holocaust Memorial theme room. We will have exhibits consisting of related literature and educational awareness, as well as have Holocaust survivors and others speaking. Another new and innovative addition will be educating participants how to download and borrow books from our Media Center and the public libraries on e-readers such as Kindle, Nook and Android. We anticipate a large attendance as we’ve had in past years, and we look forward to sharing our love of reading and literacy with our Eagles Landing community,” said Language Arts Teacher Debbi Gollinger.
This initiative is in line with the School District Key Result to assure that all students of each racial/ethnic group will be proficient in reading as measured by FCAT Writes.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees