BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are hoping to be a little happier in 2013, and would like to find happiness without having to leave the city limits of Boca Raton, consider attending an upcoming happiness lecture at Florida Atlantic University.
According to the university:
Florida Atlantic University’s Peace Studies Program in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters and the FAU School of Social Work, along with the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life Series, present the lecture “Happiness: Making Your Heartbeats Count,” by author and researcher Dan Baker, Ph.D. The lecture will take place on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013 at 2 p.m. in the University Theatre, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
“It is within almost everyone’s capacity to be happier,” said Baker. “Happiness is key to success, health and meaningful relationships. Indeed, our quality of life is directly proportional to the accumulation of happy moments.”
Baker, the author of “What Happy People Know: How the New Science of Happiness Can Change Your Life for the Better,” has been at the grass roots level in a national initiative known as Positive Psychology. The scientific study of human strengths, virtues and character, Positive Psychology investigates what is right with people, their organizations and institutions.
FAU’s Peace Studies Program, established in 1999, brings together students, faculty and community members to explore pathways to peace and the process of peace building.
For more information about FAU’s Peace Studies Program, visit http://www.fau.edu/peacestudies.
Tickets are $15; FAU alumni, faculty and staff can purchase tickets for $10, and students are free. Tickets can be purchased at http://www.fauevents.com or by calling 800-564-9539.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent