BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The case against 24-year-old triple FAU honors graduate Roger Ploof has been dropped. The Boca Raton resident was charged by Boca police with domestic battery after he physically removed a girl “friend” from his home after she allegedly became irate that another woman had decorated his Christmas tree.
The Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com, “Insufficient evidence exists to prove the charge beyond a reasonable doubt due to an uncooperative victim and lack of independent evidence.”
BocaNewsNow.com raised questions about the December arrest after learning exclusively that the “victim” is the niece of a Boca Raton Police Dispatcher. It is the dispatcher, Debbie Jacquinta, who called police for assistance after her niece complained that Ploof removed her from his house.
Jacqunita is not accused of any professional or personal wrongdoing, and has a virtually spotless personnel record with the City of Boca Raton. However, she was on the scene when her co-workers — Boca Police officers — arrived to question and ultimately arrest Ploof.
Jacquinta’s appearance at the scene resulted in commanding officers overseeing Ploof’s arrest.
There is no suggestion by the State of police misconduct, however, Ploof says he is “exploring legal options.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: NOW MORE THAN ONE MILLION CASES OF COVID-19
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two More Systems Forming
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical