BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The case against 24-year-old triple FAU honors graduate Roger Ploof has been dropped. The Boca Raton resident was charged by Boca police with domestic battery after he physically removed a girl “friend” from his home after she allegedly became irate that another woman had decorated his Christmas tree.
The Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com, “Insufficient evidence exists to prove the charge beyond a reasonable doubt due to an uncooperative victim and lack of independent evidence.”
BocaNewsNow.com raised questions about the December arrest after learning exclusively that the “victim” is the niece of a Boca Raton Police Dispatcher. It is the dispatcher, Debbie Jacquinta, who called police for assistance after her niece complained that Ploof removed her from his house.
Jacqunita is not accused of any professional or personal wrongdoing, and has a virtually spotless personnel record with the City of Boca Raton. However, she was on the scene when her co-workers — Boca Police officers — arrived to question and ultimately arrest Ploof.
Jacquinta’s appearance at the scene resulted in commanding officers overseeing Ploof’s arrest.
There is no suggestion by the State of police misconduct, however, Ploof says he is “exploring legal options.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Left Gun Unattended That Two Year Old Used To Shoot Self, According To Cops
- PLANE CRASH: Victims Identified In Palm Beach County Crash As Young Woman, Older Man
- Dog In Boca Raton Movie Theater And Publix, Why Is This Allowed?
- Florida Tax Free Holiday Underway For Disaster Goods
- Toddler Shot, Killed In North Broward County
- Boca Raton Resident, Magazine Publisher Charged With Child Solicitation, Molestation
- Forecasters Still Watching System East Of Florida, Development Unlikely
- RESCUE: Man Jumps From Deerfield Pier, Boca Raton and Broward Rescuers Retrieve
- DON’T DROWN: Palm Beach County Promotes Water Safety This Holiday Weekend