BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 49-year-old Boca Raton man was killed Saturday afternoon when he allegedly tried to run a train crossing gate near I-95 and Palmetto Park Roads. The gate was apparently signaling an oncoming train.
Anthony Carter was driving a 2005 Land Rover and died at the scene.
According to Boca Raton Police:
At 3:18 p.m., officers with the Boca Raton Police Department’s Traffic Homicide Unit responded to a vehicle versus Tri-Rail Train crash that occurred at the railway tracks in the 1800 block of West Palmetto Park Road. The driver of an SUV exited I-95 onto westbound Palmetto Park Road and then crashed through the downed railroad crossing gate. A northbound Tri-Rail train collided with the driver’s side of the vehicle pushing the SUV northbound along the tracks.
The driver sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to contact Officer Michael Daly at (561) 620-6081.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified