BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 49-year-old Boca Raton man was killed Saturday afternoon when he allegedly tried to run a train crossing gate near I-95 and Palmetto Park Roads. The gate was apparently signaling an oncoming train.
Anthony Carter was driving a 2005 Land Rover and died at the scene.
According to Boca Raton Police:
At 3:18 p.m., officers with the Boca Raton Police Department’s Traffic Homicide Unit responded to a vehicle versus Tri-Rail Train crash that occurred at the railway tracks in the 1800 block of West Palmetto Park Road. The driver of an SUV exited I-95 onto westbound Palmetto Park Road and then crashed through the downed railroad crossing gate. A northbound Tri-Rail train collided with the driver’s side of the vehicle pushing the SUV northbound along the tracks.
The driver sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to contact Officer Michael Daly at (561) 620-6081.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed