BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 49-year-old Boca Raton man was killed Saturday afternoon when he allegedly tried to run a train crossing gate near I-95 and Palmetto Park Roads. The gate was apparently signaling an oncoming train.
Anthony Carter was driving a 2005 Land Rover and died at the scene.
According to Boca Raton Police:
At 3:18 p.m., officers with the Boca Raton Police Department’s Traffic Homicide Unit responded to a vehicle versus Tri-Rail Train crash that occurred at the railway tracks in the 1800 block of West Palmetto Park Road. The driver of an SUV exited I-95 onto westbound Palmetto Park Road and then crashed through the downed railroad crossing gate. A northbound Tri-Rail train collided with the driver’s side of the vehicle pushing the SUV northbound along the tracks.
The driver sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to contact Officer Michael Daly at (561) 620-6081.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday