BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We told you Friday about a major police scene in the area of St. Andrews and Potomac. We now know that Boca Raton Police nabbed three suspected burglars who had been under surveillance from a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office helicopter and — as it turns out — police departments from throughout the area.
According to an Affidavit of Probable Cause, area police departments were on alert for a vehicle being tracked by a PBSO helicopter mid-day Friday. The vehicle was believed to be involved with a break-in somewhere else in the county.
While that was belief was unfounded, it turned out the cops were following the vehicle as it entered the Millpond community and two men got out. Through what appears to be solid police work by Boca Raton PD, and incredible stupidity by the alleged burglars, the men were seen running a long a canal that borders several homes.
According to the affidavit:Cops checked area homes and found one that had been burglarized.
BRPD units, including K-9 units, continued the perimeter and later located the twosubjects previously observed by a detective. One subject, later identified as h/m AdalbertoJ. Montalvo (03-04-84), was located in a tree near 3339 NW 23rd Terrace. The secondsubject, later identified as b/m Quinton R. Sylvestre (11-01-86), was located in bushesoutside 3399 NW 23rd Terrace. These subjects were later identified by the detective as thesame subjects he had seen walking along the east side of the community along the canal.When apprehended the subjects were sweating profusely.
Police arrested Quinton Sylvestre, Adalberto J. Montalvo, and Samuel Walker. They were charged with burglary related offenses and booked into the Palm Beach County Jail.
(Shown: Walker, Montalvo, Sylvestre, all from Broward County).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT