POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — 35-year-old Boca Raton resident Michael Romero was killed late Thursday night when police say he was speeding southbound on Dixie Highway in Pompano, turning into the path of a 38-year-old Pompano Beach woman driving a Ford Focus.
Liza Renteria, the driver of the Ford, was also killed.
Investigators say Romero, who lived on Lake Forest Circle in Boca — near Del Prado Elementary School — was driving at a “high rate of speed.”
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit detectives responded and conducted an on scene investigation. Dixie Highway remained closed until 4 a.m. Friday, when the crash scene was cleared. The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the cause of death of the two victims. The traffic homicide investigation remains ongoing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors