POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — 35-year-old Boca Raton resident Michael Romero was killed late Thursday night when police say he was speeding southbound on Dixie Highway in Pompano, turning into the path of a 38-year-old Pompano Beach woman driving a Ford Focus.
Liza Renteria, the driver of the Ford, was also killed.
Investigators say Romero, who lived on Lake Forest Circle in Boca — near Del Prado Elementary School — was driving at a “high rate of speed.”
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit detectives responded and conducted an on scene investigation. Dixie Highway remained closed until 4 a.m. Friday, when the crash scene was cleared. The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the cause of death of the two victims. The traffic homicide investigation remains ongoing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man
- West Delray Beach Resident Jailed On DUI Charge
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk