POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — 35-year-old Boca Raton resident Michael Romero was killed late Thursday night when police say he was speeding southbound on Dixie Highway in Pompano, turning into the path of a 38-year-old Pompano Beach woman driving a Ford Focus.
Liza Renteria, the driver of the Ford, was also killed.
Investigators say Romero, who lived on Lake Forest Circle in Boca — near Del Prado Elementary School — was driving at a “high rate of speed.”
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit detectives responded and conducted an on scene investigation. Dixie Highway remained closed until 4 a.m. Friday, when the crash scene was cleared. The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the cause of death of the two victims. The traffic homicide investigation remains ongoing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop