BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It likely won’t be long until the two men who burglarized a home on SW 11th Street are caught — thanks to a secret surveillance camera installed by the homeowner — Mark Dettman — just hours before the burglary.
The video is below.
According to Boca PD:
Resident Mark Dettman set up a motion camera on a table next to his front door facing the living room. He turned it on and set his cell phone to alert him if any motion was detected in the house.
Three hours after activating it, Dettman received an alert that his motion detector was activated. He returned to his house on SW 11th Street and checked all the rooms; while nothing appeared to be missing, he did capture the two burglars on his new camera.
A nearby neighbor said she saw a red car drive slowly past Dettman’s house a couple of weeks earlier. After seeing the video, the neighbor confirmed it was the same person she saw in Dettman’s yard.
The suspects appear to be Latin males in their 30’s, wearing white shirts and blue jeans with black gloves. One suspect was wearing a white dust mask, white hat and carrying an object that appeared to be a pry tool.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Detective Terrence Payne at 561-620-6221 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths