BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 24-year-0ld Miami man was arrested by Boca Raton Police in Sugar Sand Park after he admitted to police that he came to Boca because there is more money in Boca for panhandlers.
According to police:
Members of the Boca Raton Police Tac Team noticed a car with dark tinted windows driving around Sugar Sand Park. A check of the license plate showed the car had been used to commit other burglaries. As it proceeded through the south lot, the driver turned to avoid a marked Boca Raton Police cruiser parked nearby. After driving around and making multiple turns in the parking lot, the suspect drove toward the exit. Because the driver did not come to complete stop a stop sign, a traffic stop was initiated.
The driver, Damian Moore, said he was in the area to visit a friend named “Jamie”. Moore did not know “Jamie’s” last name, phone number or address. After changing his story multiple times about “Jamie,” he admitted that “Jamie” didn’t exist. Moore then said he came to Boca Raton to panhandle because the money was better than Miami.
During the traffic stop, officers smelled marijuana in the car, conducted a search and turned up .1 grams. Moore also acknowledged his car was not properly registered and he was driving with a suspended license.
Moore was arrested and charged with Loitering & Prowling, Possession of Marijuana, Driving with a Suspended License and for Driving an Unregistered Vehicle. He was also given a verbal warning about the dark tint on the windows of his car.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens