BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was killed while crossing Lyons Road near Glades Road late Sunday night.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says 46-year-old Natalia Gorelik was possibly “impaired” as she attempted to cross Lyons at the intersection of South Charleston Road.
As Gorelik stepped into the street, she was struck by 20-year-old Shannon Donev who was heading southbound on the inside travel lane. Gorelik was standing on the center median when she stepped into the path of Donev's oncoming vehicle.
Gorelik, of Prad Street in Boca, was transported to Delray Medical Center where she died a short time after the 9:45p accident.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says “impairment is believed to be a factor on the part of Natalia Gorelik.”
No charges have been filed — or are pending at this time — against Donev.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery