Updated: 4:15pm with exclusive police information.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has confirmed that Boca police and Bank of America officials re-took possession of the “mansion” at 580 Golden Harbour Drive. The squatter identified as Andre Barbosa — known as “Loki Boy” — was not in the home at the time of the seizure.
No one was arrested. No charges are pending.
“When you have a trespass investigation, the owner of the property tells the person their trespassing and they have to leave,” Officer Sandra Boonenberg, Boca Police spokeswoman told BocaNewsNow.com. “If they leave, end of story. If they don't, they face misdemeanor charges. Since no one was here, we have no issues at this point”
Bank of America, according to public records, owns the home.
As BocaNewsNow.com reported, the 23-year-old known as “Loki Boy” cited “adverse possession” to claim the home several weeks ago. In layman's terms, it is statute in effect in several states — including Florida — that requires someone to keep the property in their possession for several years. In Florida, the magic number is seven — and then the “adverse possessor” would be required to pay all of the taxes owed on the property.
Barbosa filed the required paperwork with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts, but Bank of America apparently provided proof that it — and not Barbosa — actually owns the property.
Bank of America has owned the property since records suggest it went into foreclosure last summer.
The property is valued at just over $2-Million.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat