Updated: 4:15pm with exclusive police information.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has confirmed that Boca police and Bank of America officials re-took possession of the “mansion” at 580 Golden Harbour Drive. The squatter identified as Andre Barbosa — known as “Loki Boy” — was not in the home at the time of the seizure.
No one was arrested. No charges are pending.
“When you have a trespass investigation, the owner of the property tells the person their trespassing and they have to leave,” Officer Sandra Boonenberg, Boca Police spokeswoman told BocaNewsNow.com. “If they leave, end of story. If they don't, they face misdemeanor charges. Since no one was here, we have no issues at this point”
Bank of America, according to public records, owns the home.
As BocaNewsNow.com reported, the 23-year-old known as “Loki Boy” cited “adverse possession” to claim the home several weeks ago. In layman's terms, it is statute in effect in several states — including Florida — that requires someone to keep the property in their possession for several years. In Florida, the magic number is seven — and then the “adverse possessor” would be required to pay all of the taxes owed on the property.
Barbosa filed the required paperwork with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts, but Bank of America apparently provided proof that it — and not Barbosa — actually owns the property.
Bank of America has owned the property since records suggest it went into foreclosure last summer.
The property is valued at just over $2-Million.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire