BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — FAU Police shot a man reported to be “homeless” on a roof of a building in the research park at Florida Atlantic University. The situation is under control and the campus was not locked down.
FAU's police chief Charles Lowe says that it is unclear if the homeless man was threatening anyone, but he apparently “produced a knife.”
Chief Lowe will not say whether a knife was recovered at the scene or if his officers were threatened by the man.
The man — believed to be between 20 and 30 years of age — was transported to Delray Medical Center where his condition is unclear.
The situation is now under control.
The State Attorney's Office has been called in to investigate the shooting. The status of the officers involved is unclear.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF