BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — FAU Police shot a man reported to be “homeless” on a roof of a building in the research park at Florida Atlantic University. The situation is under control and the campus was not locked down.
FAU's police chief Charles Lowe says that it is unclear if the homeless man was threatening anyone, but he apparently “produced a knife.”
Chief Lowe will not say whether a knife was recovered at the scene or if his officers were threatened by the man.
The man — believed to be between 20 and 30 years of age — was transported to Delray Medical Center where his condition is unclear.
The situation is now under control.
The State Attorney's Office has been called in to investigate the shooting. The status of the officers involved is unclear.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules