BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The feared Asteroid DA14 is approaching but late word from NASA is that Boca Raton should be just fine. While Town Center Mall — as it abuts Glades Road — looks like an asteroid hit it hard, rest assured that it’s just poorly executed parking lot and facade construction. There is no expectation of casualty or calamity from the asteroid, above what South Florida experiences on a daily basis.
While the asteroid is expected to fly within 17,150 miles of planet Earth, there is no chance that it will collide with earth — according to experts. The meteorite that crashed into Russia this morning was completely different and heading in another direction.
Should experts be wrong and should you find an asteroid crashing into Boca — or South Palm Beach County — please email us a phone at news(at)BocaNewsNow.com. We will send you a tee shirt.
For the latest on the asteroid — and a live look from NASA telescopes, click here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects