BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The feared Asteroid DA14 is approaching but late word from NASA is that Boca Raton should be just fine. While Town Center Mall — as it abuts Glades Road — looks like an asteroid hit it hard, rest assured that it’s just poorly executed parking lot and facade construction. There is no expectation of casualty or calamity from the asteroid, above what South Florida experiences on a daily basis.
While the asteroid is expected to fly within 17,150 miles of planet Earth, there is no chance that it will collide with earth — according to experts. The meteorite that crashed into Russia this morning was completely different and heading in another direction.
Should experts be wrong and should you find an asteroid crashing into Boca — or South Palm Beach County — please email us a phone at news(at)BocaNewsNow.com. We will send you a tee shirt.
For the latest on the asteroid — and a live look from NASA telescopes, click here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Feds Arrest Man In Palm Beach County For Election Interference
- Boca Bagel Bar Brawl Lands One Man In Jail
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election