BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The feared Asteroid DA14 is approaching but late word from NASA is that Boca Raton should be just fine. While Town Center Mall — as it abuts Glades Road — looks like an asteroid hit it hard, rest assured that it’s just poorly executed parking lot and facade construction. There is no expectation of casualty or calamity from the asteroid, above what South Florida experiences on a daily basis.
While the asteroid is expected to fly within 17,150 miles of planet Earth, there is no chance that it will collide with earth — according to experts. The meteorite that crashed into Russia this morning was completely different and heading in another direction.
Should experts be wrong and should you find an asteroid crashing into Boca — or South Palm Beach County — please email us a phone at news(at)BocaNewsNow.com. We will send you a tee shirt.
For the latest on the asteroid — and a live look from NASA telescopes, click here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward