BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The feared Asteroid DA14 is approaching but late word from NASA is that Boca Raton should be just fine. While Town Center Mall — as it abuts Glades Road — looks like an asteroid hit it hard, rest assured that it’s just poorly executed parking lot and facade construction. There is no expectation of casualty or calamity from the asteroid, above what South Florida experiences on a daily basis.
While the asteroid is expected to fly within 17,150 miles of planet Earth, there is no chance that it will collide with earth — according to experts. The meteorite that crashed into Russia this morning was completely different and heading in another direction.
Should experts be wrong and should you find an asteroid crashing into Boca — or South Palm Beach County — please email us a phone at news(at)BocaNewsNow.com. We will send you a tee shirt.
For the latest on the asteroid — and a live look from NASA telescopes, click here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”