BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Bingo winnings of a woman who is hard of hearing were allegedly swiped from her room in Veranda Club — and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
Detectives say that the elderly woman went to bingo and won $17.
She apparently put the money — all in singles — into a change purse that is attached to a basket under her walker.
Elated with her winnings, the woman returned to her room to sleep. When she woke up, the money was gone.
The victim tells investigators that workers enter and exit to provide food and medicine, but there are no surveillance cameras to reveal who entered the room while she was sleeping.
The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain