BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Bingo winnings of a woman who is hard of hearing were allegedly swiped from her room in Veranda Club — and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
Detectives say that the elderly woman went to bingo and won $17.
She apparently put the money — all in singles — into a change purse that is attached to a basket under her walker.
Elated with her winnings, the woman returned to her room to sleep. When she woke up, the money was gone.
The victim tells investigators that workers enter and exit to provide food and medicine, but there are no surveillance cameras to reveal who entered the room while she was sleeping.
The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance