BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Bingo winnings of a woman who is hard of hearing were allegedly swiped from her room in Veranda Club — and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
Detectives say that the elderly woman went to bingo and won $17.
She apparently put the money — all in singles — into a change purse that is attached to a basket under her walker.
Elated with her winnings, the woman returned to her room to sleep. When she woke up, the money was gone.
The victim tells investigators that workers enter and exit to provide food and medicine, but there are no surveillance cameras to reveal who entered the room while she was sleeping.
The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud