BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy was apparently screamed at by two people — identified as “Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg” who were irate that a man identified as 78-year-old David Schumaker parked his scooter in the handicapped space at the Starbucks at 22107 Powerline Road in Boca.
According to a police report, an “irate” Mr. Goldberg approached Deputy Estroff because a scooter was parked in a way that made it difficult for Mrs. Goldberg to get into her car with a cane.
Deputy Estroff offered to help Mrs. Goldberg, but Mr. Goldberg was having none of it.
He “demanded” that the Deputy find Mr. Schumaker and write a ticket, which he did, to the tune of $336.
But that wasn't enough.
The Goldbergs and Mr. Schumaker then walked into Starbucks where, according to the report, “Mr. Goldberg jumped up into Schumaker's face and Schumaker pushed him away. He was then hit on the leg with a cane by Mrs. Goldberg.”
Witnesses say the Goldbergs were out of control and caused the problems.
Mr. Schumaker declined to prosecute.
According to the deputy's report: “The Goldbergs left stating that I was a Nazi Gestapo and they wanted my name.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent