BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy was apparently screamed at by two people — identified as “Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg” who were irate that a man identified as 78-year-old David Schumaker parked his scooter in the handicapped space at the Starbucks at 22107 Powerline Road in Boca.
According to a police report, an “irate” Mr. Goldberg approached Deputy Estroff because a scooter was parked in a way that made it difficult for Mrs. Goldberg to get into her car with a cane.
Deputy Estroff offered to help Mrs. Goldberg, but Mr. Goldberg was having none of it.
He “demanded” that the Deputy find Mr. Schumaker and write a ticket, which he did, to the tune of $336.
But that wasn't enough.
The Goldbergs and Mr. Schumaker then walked into Starbucks where, according to the report, “Mr. Goldberg jumped up into Schumaker's face and Schumaker pushed him away. He was then hit on the leg with a cane by Mrs. Goldberg.”
Witnesses say the Goldbergs were out of control and caused the problems.
Mr. Schumaker declined to prosecute.
According to the deputy's report: “The Goldbergs left stating that I was a Nazi Gestapo and they wanted my name.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees