BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy was apparently screamed at by two people — identified as “Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg” who were irate that a man identified as 78-year-old David Schumaker parked his scooter in the handicapped space at the Starbucks at 22107 Powerline Road in Boca.
According to a police report, an “irate” Mr. Goldberg approached Deputy Estroff because a scooter was parked in a way that made it difficult for Mrs. Goldberg to get into her car with a cane.
Deputy Estroff offered to help Mrs. Goldberg, but Mr. Goldberg was having none of it.
He “demanded” that the Deputy find Mr. Schumaker and write a ticket, which he did, to the tune of $336.
But that wasn't enough.
The Goldbergs and Mr. Schumaker then walked into Starbucks where, according to the report, “Mr. Goldberg jumped up into Schumaker's face and Schumaker pushed him away. He was then hit on the leg with a cane by Mrs. Goldberg.”
Witnesses say the Goldbergs were out of control and caused the problems.
Mr. Schumaker declined to prosecute.
According to the deputy's report: “The Goldbergs left stating that I was a Nazi Gestapo and they wanted my name.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Worker Falls On Patient At Boca Regional Hospital, Claims Suit
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated