DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Valentine’s Day proved deadly for Delray Beach resident Marie Yvonne Dorelien who was killed crossing Congress Avenue. Dorelien was not, police say, crossing at a cross walk or traffic signal. Anyone who saw the accident is asked to call the Delray Beach Police Department.
Here is the request for help from the police:
Yesterday, February 14, 2013 at about 6:43 pm Marie Yvonne Dorelien (DOB 05-02-47) was crossing the street in the 1500 Block of South Congress Avenue in Delray Beach when she was struck by an oncoming vehicle. Marie was crossing from the West side of Congress Avenue to the East Side of Congress Avenue towards the Linton Square Plaza. She was not at a crosswalk or a designated crossing area. A 1993 Gray Camaro, driven by a young male, was traveling south on Congress Avenue when he struck Marie. Marie was transported to Delray Medical Center, where she later died.
Anyone that witnessed this incident or has any information on this incident is asked to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Justin Reed at 561-243-7800.
This is an ongoing investigation. No charges have been filed against the driver of the Camaro, up to this point.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge