BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — That chill you're beginning to feel around Boca isn't from the woman you annoyed at a recent club meeting. The National Weather Service has issued a “wind chill advisory” as strong winds overnight will make it feel like it's in the low 30.
The advisory is in effect through 9 am.
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
GLADES-HENDRY-INLAND PALM BEACH-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF…PALMDALE…MOORE HAVEN…CLEWISTON…
LA BELLE…BIG CYPRESS SEMINOLE RESERVATION…PAHOKEE…
SOUTH BAY…BELLE GLADE…WELLINGTON…LION COUNTRY SAFARI…
SOUTH COUNTY REGIONAL PARK
…WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EST SUNDAY…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MIAMI HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL
ADVISORY…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EST SUNDAY. THE
WIND CHILL WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* WIND CHILL VALUES…A NORTHWEST WIND BETWEEN 10 AND 15 MPH ALONG
WITH TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S WILL RESULT IN WIND
CHILL READINGS OF 25 TO 30 DEGREES FOR SEVERAL HOURS.
A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY COLD AIR AND WIND WILL
COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS CAN LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA
IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS…
MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday