BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Another Boca Raton-area Realtor is in trouble with the law. James McGinnis is the third Realtor to be arrested by Boca Raton Police in the past two weeks.
McGinnis, who runs his own firm, is charged with Larceny (theft) valued at more than $300 but less than $5000.
We have learned that McGinnis — according to an affidavit of probable cause — removed an iPad that was left behind accidentally by a customer at 2240 NW 19th Street — the Corner Bakery. Instead of turning it into the restaurant or calling police, McGinnis allegedly admitted to police that he decided to keep it for himself. He told police he wiped the iPad’s memory and installed his own data.
McGinnis was arrested at his home on Estrella Circle in Boca.
It is the policy of BocaNewsNow.com to identify the profession of a suspect charged by police when that profession is licensed by the State of Florida or another governing body. Charges are an allegation. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday