DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We did not report the death of two year old yesterday out of respect for the grieving family in Delray Beach, but today note that Delray Beach Police are asking for witnesses to the child’s killing.
Police say that the child was struck and killed around 4pm Monday in the area of 100 NW 7th Avenue in Delray Beach. The child apparently stepped in to the roadway and was struck by a Ford F350 Dually truck. The driver stopped and has been cooperative with police.
No charges have been filed.
Police are now asking for anyone who saw the accident — and possibly left before speaking with investigators — to call Traffic Investigator Ron Brown at 561-243-7800.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students