BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A West Boca Raton couple was robbed at gunpoint by a man with a semi-automatic gun in an elevator at the “Condos of Boca Barwood” at 23249 Barwood Lane.
Investigators tell BocaNewsNow.com that the male/female couple — who we are not identifying — walked into an elevator when a black man with a semi-automatic gun approached and demanded all of their belongings. The suspect asked for the woman’s purse which she did not have, but the man quickly offered up the $1 in his pocket and keys to a 2010 gray Lincoln Crossfire SUV.
The gunman took the dollar but dropped it as he fled the scene, ultimately taking the SUV and speeding from the area.
Police recovered the dollar and are analyzing it for fingerprints.
The SUV has not been recovered. There are apparently no surveillance cameras near the scene of the attack.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event