BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A West Boca Raton couple was robbed at gunpoint by a man with a semi-automatic gun in an elevator at the “Condos of Boca Barwood” at 23249 Barwood Lane.
Investigators tell BocaNewsNow.com that the male/female couple — who we are not identifying — walked into an elevator when a black man with a semi-automatic gun approached and demanded all of their belongings. The suspect asked for the woman’s purse which she did not have, but the man quickly offered up the $1 in his pocket and keys to a 2010 gray Lincoln Crossfire SUV.
The gunman took the dollar but dropped it as he fled the scene, ultimately taking the SUV and speeding from the area.
Police recovered the dollar and are analyzing it for fingerprints.
The SUV has not been recovered. There are apparently no surveillance cameras near the scene of the attack.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor