BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A West Boca Raton couple was robbed at gunpoint by a man with a semi-automatic gun in an elevator at the “Condos of Boca Barwood” at 23249 Barwood Lane.
Investigators tell BocaNewsNow.com that the male/female couple — who we are not identifying — walked into an elevator when a black man with a semi-automatic gun approached and demanded all of their belongings. The suspect asked for the woman’s purse which she did not have, but the man quickly offered up the $1 in his pocket and keys to a 2010 gray Lincoln Crossfire SUV.
The gunman took the dollar but dropped it as he fled the scene, ultimately taking the SUV and speeding from the area.
Police recovered the dollar and are analyzing it for fingerprints.
The SUV has not been recovered. There are apparently no surveillance cameras near the scene of the attack.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge