BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A West Boca Raton couple was robbed at gunpoint by a man with a semi-automatic gun in an elevator at the “Condos of Boca Barwood” at 23249 Barwood Lane.
Investigators tell BocaNewsNow.com that the male/female couple — who we are not identifying — walked into an elevator when a black man with a semi-automatic gun approached and demanded all of their belongings. The suspect asked for the woman’s purse which she did not have, but the man quickly offered up the $1 in his pocket and keys to a 2010 gray Lincoln Crossfire SUV.
The gunman took the dollar but dropped it as he fled the scene, ultimately taking the SUV and speeding from the area.
Police recovered the dollar and are analyzing it for fingerprints.
The SUV has not been recovered. There are apparently no surveillance cameras near the scene of the attack.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates