BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A West Boca Raton couple was robbed at gunpoint by a man with a semi-automatic gun in an elevator at the “Condos of Boca Barwood” at 23249 Barwood Lane.
Investigators tell BocaNewsNow.com that the male/female couple — who we are not identifying — walked into an elevator when a black man with a semi-automatic gun approached and demanded all of their belongings. The suspect asked for the woman’s purse which she did not have, but the man quickly offered up the $1 in his pocket and keys to a 2010 gray Lincoln Crossfire SUV.
The gunman took the dollar but dropped it as he fled the scene, ultimately taking the SUV and speeding from the area.
Police recovered the dollar and are analyzing it for fingerprints.
The SUV has not been recovered. There are apparently no surveillance cameras near the scene of the attack.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend