BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Shopping wasn't a pleasure for Boca Raton woman who was mugged outside the Publix at 1001 South Federal Highway Saturday evening.
According to Boca PD:
Boca Raton Police officers responded to a robbery that happened outside Publix, 1001 South Federal Highway. The victim told officers she had just put her groceries in the trunk of her car, moved some carts away from her car, and then remembered she left a recipe in the trunk. As the victim opened the trunk, two black males grabbed her purse and pushed her to the ground.
The victim was transported to Boca Raton Regional Hospital for treatment of her injuries. Detectives met with the victim who described the suspects and provided a list of stolen items, including her Louis Vuitton purse and iPhone.
At about 11:30 p.m., detectives were notified that deputies with Broward Sheriff’s Office had recovered the victim’s cell phone. The cell phone was found in a car belonging to three suspects who had just been arrested for a robbery at a Publix in Pompano Beach. Detectives interviewed all three suspects, two of whom refused to speak with them. One suspect, Keith Brantley, agreed to speak with detectives. Brantley confessed to Boca Raton detectives about his role in the robbery.
Detectives charged Brantley with robbery and battery on a person over 65 years old.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON