BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Shopping wasn't a pleasure for Boca Raton woman who was mugged outside the Publix at 1001 South Federal Highway Saturday evening.
According to Boca PD:
Boca Raton Police officers responded to a robbery that happened outside Publix, 1001 South Federal Highway. The victim told officers she had just put her groceries in the trunk of her car, moved some carts away from her car, and then remembered she left a recipe in the trunk. As the victim opened the trunk, two black males grabbed her purse and pushed her to the ground.
The victim was transported to Boca Raton Regional Hospital for treatment of her injuries. Detectives met with the victim who described the suspects and provided a list of stolen items, including her Louis Vuitton purse and iPhone.
At about 11:30 p.m., detectives were notified that deputies with Broward Sheriff’s Office had recovered the victim’s cell phone. The cell phone was found in a car belonging to three suspects who had just been arrested for a robbery at a Publix in Pompano Beach. Detectives interviewed all three suspects, two of whom refused to speak with them. One suspect, Keith Brantley, agreed to speak with detectives. Brantley confessed to Boca Raton detectives about his role in the robbery.
Detectives charged Brantley with robbery and battery on a person over 65 years old.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?