BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you live on or near the Florida Atlantic University campus in East Boca, don't panic tomorrow (Thursday) if you hear sirens or other emergency-related sounds. The school plans to test its emergency system.
According to FAU:
Florida Atlantic University is scheduled to test all components of the FAU Alert system the afternoon of Thursday, Feb. 28. The FAU Alert system is designed to play a key role in keeping FAU’s students, faculty, staff and campus visitors safe during emergency situations.
At approximately 2:20 p.m., the emergency siren and PA system will be activated on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, 777 Glades Road, as well as at FAU’s John D. MacArthur campus, 5353 Parkside Drive in Jupiter, and at FAU’s Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute in Fort Pierce. During this test, a loud siren sound and a spoken message will be heard across campus, as well as in neighborhoods and business areas located near the campuses. The indoor notification system for Glades Park and Heritage Park towers at FAU’s Boca Raton campus will also be tested.
Additionally, FAU’s university-wide email, telephone alert, web alert and text messaging will be tested that afternoon. FAU will also test its toll-free emergency hotline phone number – 1-888-8FAU-OWL (8328-695).
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?