BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you’re like us, rarely a day goes by that you don’t wish you could pull over the horrible driver in front of you. You know, the bottle blonde 58 year old spandex-clad woman on her way home from Lulu Lemon at the mall driving a gold Lexus who just cut across three lanes on Palmetto Park Road while fixing her makeup, talking on her cell phone, AND holding her pet chiuaua.
Well, now you can. Sort of.
The Boca Raton Police Department is preparing for its next “Citizens Police Academy,” and it promises to be a great experience. You may not be able to write tickets, but you can get up close and personal with weapons, tactical equipment, and we bet that if you ask nicely, you can turn on the lights and sirens.
Space is limited. Apply now.
Here’s a video the PD produced to explain what it’s all about:
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Bicyclist Turns In Front Of Car, Is Killed
- West Boca Raton Man Tries To Flee Police With Arrest Warrant, Fails
- Palm Beach County Resident Donald Trump Indicted On Federal Charge
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Waves Being Monitored, Two With Convection
- NOW! Send One Of Palm Beach County’s Best Kindergarten Teachers On A Cruise
- Century Village Boca Raton Forecloses Over $3K, One Third Owed To Attorney
- WOMAN VANISHES FROM FORT LAUDERDALE HOLLYWOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 To Close Tonight In Boca Raton
- MAJOR FLIGHT DELAYS: Flights From Florida To New York, Mid-Atlantic Delayed Due To Smoke