BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you’re like us, rarely a day goes by that you don’t wish you could pull over the horrible driver in front of you. You know, the bottle blonde 58 year old spandex-clad woman on her way home from Lulu Lemon at the mall driving a gold Lexus who just cut across three lanes on Palmetto Park Road while fixing her makeup, talking on her cell phone, AND holding her pet chiuaua.
Well, now you can. Sort of.
The Boca Raton Police Department is preparing for its next “Citizens Police Academy,” and it promises to be a great experience. You may not be able to write tickets, but you can get up close and personal with weapons, tactical equipment, and we bet that if you ask nicely, you can turn on the lights and sirens.
Space is limited. Apply now.
Here’s a video the PD produced to explain what it’s all about:
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations