BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you’re like us, rarely a day goes by that you don’t wish you could pull over the horrible driver in front of you. You know, the bottle blonde 58 year old spandex-clad woman on her way home from Lulu Lemon at the mall driving a gold Lexus who just cut across three lanes on Palmetto Park Road while fixing her makeup, talking on her cell phone, AND holding her pet chiuaua.
Well, now you can. Sort of.
The Boca Raton Police Department is preparing for its next “Citizens Police Academy,” and it promises to be a great experience. You may not be able to write tickets, but you can get up close and personal with weapons, tactical equipment, and we bet that if you ask nicely, you can turn on the lights and sirens.
Space is limited. Apply now.
Here’s a video the PD produced to explain what it’s all about:
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation