BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Scammers are apparently pretending to slip and fall at area Publix stores, with the latest happening at the Publix in East Boca at 1001 North Federal Highway.
According to Boca Raton Police, a Publix manager told investigators that an unknown white male pretended to slip, fall down and then break a gallon of milk while his friends watched. It's unclear what the end game is — we are not aware of an injury report or insurance claim being filed — but Publix corporate office apparently has told local stores that this type of “prank” is being carried out at stores throughout the region.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch