BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Scammers are apparently pretending to slip and fall at area Publix stores, with the latest happening at the Publix in East Boca at 1001 North Federal Highway.
According to Boca Raton Police, a Publix manager told investigators that an unknown white male pretended to slip, fall down and then break a gallon of milk while his friends watched. It's unclear what the end game is — we are not aware of an injury report or insurance claim being filed — but Publix corporate office apparently has told local stores that this type of “prank” is being carried out at stores throughout the region.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Zoom Eliminates 40 Minute Limit For Thanksgiving
- At Least Eleven Hospitalized Today For COVID in Palm Beach County
- COVID FLORIDA: Another 8085 Infected, Another 72 Dead
- SOLD: Eagles Landing And The Night Owls Camp To Change Hands
- LAWSUIT: Spanish River High School Assistant Principal Discriminated Against Custodian
- Boca Raton Surgeon John Baker Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Student
- DEATHSANTIS: Florida Tops 18,000 COVID-19 Deaths, Governor Silent On Grim Milestone
- Broward County Donates 15,000 Pounds Of Food For Thanksgiving
- BOYNTON POLICE: 81 Year Old Man Charged With DUI In Fatal Crash