BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Scammers are apparently pretending to slip and fall at area Publix stores, with the latest happening at the Publix in East Boca at 1001 North Federal Highway.
According to Boca Raton Police, a Publix manager told investigators that an unknown white male pretended to slip, fall down and then break a gallon of milk while his friends watched. It's unclear what the end game is — we are not aware of an injury report or insurance claim being filed — but Publix corporate office apparently has told local stores that this type of “prank” is being carried out at stores throughout the region.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path