BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Scammers are apparently pretending to slip and fall at area Publix stores, with the latest happening at the Publix in East Boca at 1001 North Federal Highway.
According to Boca Raton Police, a Publix manager told investigators that an unknown white male pretended to slip, fall down and then break a gallon of milk while his friends watched. It's unclear what the end game is — we are not aware of an injury report or insurance claim being filed — but Publix corporate office apparently has told local stores that this type of “prank” is being carried out at stores throughout the region.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge