BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy chased, pepper sprayed, then struck a man with his knee during a bizarre chase on Judge Winikoff Road in the area of County Creek Drive.
Deputies were called to the area by someone who said the man was walking in the roadway with no shirt or shoes.
Here's the rundown of what happened, according to the Deputy's report:
“I made contact with the (man) who appeared to be under the influence of a narcotic. (The man) gave me his identification and started pacing back and forth and was sweating profusely looking towards the roadway. I advised the arrestee that I was going to pat him down for weapons. (The man) stated that he 'aint consenting to nothing' and took flight into the roadway. Concerned for his well being, I ranafter him and deployed my pepper spray. The defendant fell on the roadway, got back up and continued running. I was able to apprehend the arrestee who refused to put his hands behind his back. Arrestee was given one knee strike to the left side of his body and then stated that he gives up and complied with my orders.”
Police found four hydromorphine pills in his shirt.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week