BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy chased, pepper sprayed, then struck a man with his knee during a bizarre chase on Judge Winikoff Road in the area of County Creek Drive.
Deputies were called to the area by someone who said the man was walking in the roadway with no shirt or shoes.
Here's the rundown of what happened, according to the Deputy's report:
“I made contact with the (man) who appeared to be under the influence of a narcotic. (The man) gave me his identification and started pacing back and forth and was sweating profusely looking towards the roadway. I advised the arrestee that I was going to pat him down for weapons. (The man) stated that he 'aint consenting to nothing' and took flight into the roadway. Concerned for his well being, I ranafter him and deployed my pepper spray. The defendant fell on the roadway, got back up and continued running. I was able to apprehend the arrestee who refused to put his hands behind his back. Arrestee was given one knee strike to the left side of his body and then stated that he gives up and complied with my orders.”
Police found four hydromorphine pills in his shirt.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. | Legal Video Service, Legal Day In The Life Video | Legal Settlement Documentary
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Drug Bust: Cocaine, 25 Pounds of Pot Lands Boca Raton Man In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Disturbance Has 90 Percent Chance Of Becoming Storm
- HALLOWEEN HORROR: Palm Beach Positivity Rate Spikes To 7.3 Percent
- Nearly 300 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Maskless Halloween? Send Us Your Photos Of Adults Behaving Badly
- JAIL: Prostitution Charge For 52 Year Old Boca Raton Woman
- Delray Beach Man Sentenced To 17 Years For Federal Crime
- UNSAFE? Palm Beach Schools Pushing Students To “Photo Day,” But Lifetouch Says Upload Okay
- ALERT: FLORIDA PASSES 800,000 COVID-19 CASES