BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major milestone is days away in the world of reform Judaism. It’s the 100th birthday of the “Women of Reform Judaism” and celebrations will be taking place nationwide. Here, look no further than Congregation B’Nai Israel:
Congregation B’nai Israel located at 2200 Yamato Road in Boca Raton will hold a special Shabbat service on Friday, March 15th at 7:30 pm celebrating the 100th Birthday of the formation of The Women of Reform Judaism an affiliate of The Union for Reform Judaism. This service is for everyone, not just women.
Sisterhoods and women’s groups around the world will be celebrating simultaneously on this Centennial Shabbat. WRJ has many accomplishments including many social action resolutions, the founding of National Federation of Temple Youth, and the publishing of The Torah: A Women’s Commentary.
Congregation B’nai Israel will host special guest speaker Judith O. Rosenkranz who has been a member of the Board of Directors of Women of Reform Judaism since 1979. Judith served as the Women of Reform Judaism North American President from 1993 to 1997. She is a life member of the Board as well as the WRJ Centennial Executive committee Chair of the Centennial Ambassador Program. She has been on the Board of Union for Reform Judaism since 1997. Judith is a member of Congregation Schaarai Zedek in Tampa, FL and a native of Daytona Beach. She has two sons and four grandchildren. One of her sons is a Rabbi and Development Director at Congregation B’nai Israel.
The service will be led by our Rabbis and Cantors and our choir, Cantor’s Chantors will participate.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Zoom Eliminates 40 Minute Limit For Thanksgiving
- At Least Eleven Hospitalized Today For COVID in Palm Beach County
- COVID FLORIDA: Another 8085 Infected, Another 72 Dead
- SOLD: Eagles Landing And The Night Owls Camp To Change Hands
- LAWSUIT: Spanish River High School Assistant Principal Discriminated Against Custodian
- Boca Raton Surgeon John Baker Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Student
- DEATHSANTIS: Florida Tops 18,000 COVID-19 Deaths, Governor Silent On Grim Milestone
- Broward County Donates 15,000 Pounds Of Food For Thanksgiving
- BOYNTON POLICE: 81 Year Old Man Charged With DUI In Fatal Crash