BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man is facing nine counts of contempt of court after allegedly texting his ex-girlfriend 48 times, despite a court order requiring him to have absolutely no contact with the woman.
Jeffrey Bascome of NE 2nd Court was also charged with battery.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office arrested Bascome and booked him into the Palm Beach County Jail after he fled Boca Raton officers back in November. That's when Bascome was apparently upset that his girlfriend of eight months dumped him. He responded, allegedly, by threatening to kill his girlfriend and then withdrawing all of her money from an ATM machine.
Bascome reportedly fled when Boca Raton officers arrived to question him at his place of employment.
Bascome was released on $2400 bond.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON