BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man is facing nine counts of contempt of court after allegedly texting his ex-girlfriend 48 times, despite a court order requiring him to have absolutely no contact with the woman.
Jeffrey Bascome of NE 2nd Court was also charged with battery.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office arrested Bascome and booked him into the Palm Beach County Jail after he fled Boca Raton officers back in November. That's when Bascome was apparently upset that his girlfriend of eight months dumped him. He responded, allegedly, by threatening to kill his girlfriend and then withdrawing all of her money from an ATM machine.
Bascome reportedly fled when Boca Raton officers arrived to question him at his place of employment.
Bascome was released on $2400 bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens