BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man is facing nine counts of contempt of court after allegedly texting his ex-girlfriend 48 times, despite a court order requiring him to have absolutely no contact with the woman.
Jeffrey Bascome of NE 2nd Court was also charged with battery.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office arrested Bascome and booked him into the Palm Beach County Jail after he fled Boca Raton officers back in November. That's when Bascome was apparently upset that his girlfriend of eight months dumped him. He responded, allegedly, by threatening to kill his girlfriend and then withdrawing all of her money from an ATM machine.
Bascome reportedly fled when Boca Raton officers arrived to question him at his place of employment.
Bascome was released on $2400 bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge